Step 1: You Imagine It, We'll Design It.
From the very start, you’ll work directly with owner, Bernie Wiese, to create the home of your dreams. From helping you choose a neighborhood and lot to developing a custom floor plan with your desired amenities, Bernie will consult and partner with you throughout the entire planning process.
Step 2: Let The Pricing Begin
Once your plans are drafted and approved, Bernie will price out all materials, labor, and options for you. As an 20+ year veteran of the business, Bernie knows where to obtain the highest quality materials at the best prices. He only awards his work to quality crews of skilled craftsmen who take pride in their work – and it shows. Bernie will consult with you on the final costs before drafting the final bid.
Step 3: Contracts and Commitments
Once all bids are received and approved, Bernie will draft a final contract then meet with you and your realtor, if you are being represented. Once the contract is signed, we’re ready to begin building the home of your dreams!
Step 4: The Building Process - Major Milestones
- The hole is dug for your basement and foundation
- Structural steel is installed
- Concrete is poured
- Water and sewer lines are installed
- Interior drain for sump pump is installed
- Black tar waterproofing is applied
- Millennium Homes has their own full-time framing crew, which is not typical of most builders, ensuring top-notch construction for you.
- All interior and exterior walls are framed using the highest quality lumber available
- Roof is framed, All windows and doors are installed
- Exterior Trim
- Siding and all exterior trim are installed
- Soffit and facia are installed and gutters are attached
- Rough In - Designed for Your Home
- Heating system is run throughout house
- Plumbing rough in installed
- Electrical rough in
- Shingles and roof vents are installed using only the highest quality shingles, based on neighborhood covenants.
- Selected insulation method added into all exterior walls, creating an airtight and noise-free environment.
- Bat insulation is rolled into all vaulted ceilings and rooflines.
- Drywall is nailed and screwed onto interior walls
- All joints are taped and drywall mud is applied to smooth seams
- Exterior Flatwork
- Concrete driveway, porches and patios are poured, according to your custom plan
- Trim and Cabinets
- Custom cabinets installed and all interior trim work completed
- All trim is stained or painted, all walls painted
- Plumbing fixtures installed
- Electrical fixtures installed
- Carpet and tile
- Carpeting and tile is laid throughout the house
- Floor registers are installed
- Drywall and paint are touched up
- Final Inspection
- Your home is inspected by several government agencies, including the Building Department, the Planning and Zoning Department and the Public Works Department. Once approved, your home will be certified safe and ready to occupy.
- Final Walk-Through
- You will participate in a walk-through of your new home with a third party home warranty company
- Once all corrections (if any) have been made from your walk-through you will meet with your realtor chosen and financial institution to sign your closing papers. Once the papers are signed, your dream house is all yours!